27.9.12

My Gardner-White blog for a grand.

Gardner-White is calling all Michigan bloggers to enter a contest. As most of us can relate, we all have a tired piece of furniture in our homes that we want to replace, yet it always goes to the bottom of the list, mostly due to cost. If I have an extra $1,5000 laying around, I'd rather take a trip to Europe than buy a new sofa (yes, perhaps I'll grow up someday). BUT Gardner-White is holding a contest for Michigan bloggers to showcase a piece of furniture in their homes that needs replacing, with a piece from their show room!

So, here is my living room.
Meet my couch.
 
 
This is the same couch I've had since my sophmore year in college. It's a mid-century butter yellow vinyl couch. It's spent summers in my parents garage, in other friends apartments and is now on my third apartment with me. Now that I am well employed, I have been thinking I need to upgrade but I really want to maintain the same aesthetic, including the studs on the sides of the couch- so chic. As my readers know, I'm obsessed with grey (click here for proof!) I've done about three blog posts on the color alone. So what better color to add to my home than a gorgeous grey sofa.
 
Fingers crossed, meet my new couch.
It's grey and studded. Gorgeous!!!
 
I would want this rug to pair it with to add some brightness to the room...
 
 
In addition, meet my dining room area.
 
Yes, I have an Eiffel Tower lamp on my kitchen table. I'm dying for a cute floor lamp but cannot seem to find one that goes with my mid century design aesthetic AND is affordable. While searching on the Gardner-White website, I found this beauty...
 
would this be perfect or what???
 
The little lamps would go right over my dining room table, providing ample light AND maintain the mid century modern look that I love.
 
So, thanks Gardner-White for the chance to replace my decades old "vintage" couch that's falling apart with a new piece that fits my aesthetic, is my favorite design shade of late (grey!) and has the studs I've been searching for!
iz
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment