25.9.12

belated weekend update

I'm a little late to post photos from my weekend, but some are just too great not to share. It was a busy weekend. I spent most of my Saturday at the Rustbelt Market where my Mom sells her jewelry hanging out and eating Thai food and drinking coffee. Saturday night my wonderful girlfriend, Danielle, who I adore took me out to dinner to celebrate my promotion at work. So sweet.


 
Sunday after church, Bob and I went with our friends Dan and Anne to the annual Renaissance Festival. This is a touring festival but it stops in MI for about 6 weeks in August and September. There was some incredible people watching, mermaid watching, jousting, turkey legs and a few black and tans.
 










 
The whole subculture of "renni's" is beyond me, but I love that I can walk through the woods and enter a village from the 16th century where people refuse to break character and simply are living through imagination. It's strangely inspiring in a way.
iz
 

1 comment:

  1. That pic of you and the turkey leg is the cutest thing I or anyone has seen in several days

    ReplyDelete