17.9.12

a saturday adventure

Saturday, all I wanted to do was to attend the grand re-opening of the Belle Isle Aquarium. My friend Anne agreed to go with me, our first try was unsuccessful due to the HUGE bike ride that was going on in the city, Tour De Troit so to avoid the thousands of bikers, we took a pit stop and went to Eastern Market.
 





 
Our second attempt to visit the Aquarium was also unsuccessful, we did make it on the island and drove around quite a bit before stumbling upon the blocks long line to get into the Aquarium! eek! So, I decided we would go another time and I was a bit bummed but at the same time SO happy to see Belle Isle bustling with so much excitement and life. Anne and I finally agreed- Detroit was overbooked for the weekend of the 15th.
 
The rest of the day was spent at Ferndale DIY festival with friends and family, drinking beers, eating tacos, watching live music and walking through booths of local craftsmen/women. All in all, a pretty fantastic Saturday, where yet again, I felt like a tourist in my own beautiful city--- what a treat!
 
iz

1 comment:

  1. So that's what you were doing all day! It's cool to see it in real life. I wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete