25.7.12

Premier Outfit

So... as I've mentioned on the blog before, Bob did some of the music for the upcoming film "Hit and Run" and I was lucky enough to be asked to sing a few songs as well! We will be flying to LA in August to attend the premier and hit the red carpet (not gonna lie- I'm stoked). A friend of mine who is also involved in the movie and does the red carpet thing often helped me determine to go for a "Zooey Deschanel" style, meaning... something vintage and "adorkable"... :)

So, I've been looking for an outfit of course that is comfortable, unique, chic, classic and easy to travel with and I think this is what I've settled on (Ceil took these pics in the dressing room at Mother Fletchers- a fantastic vintage store- in Ferndale)



BUT my Mom thinks I should wear this one...


I need help people!!!

Also, I'm an awful eBay shopper and bid on two pairs of shoes... stupidly... because now I have two pair of silver strappy heels- expensive heels-
when I needed only ONE fab pair!
 So, more decisions...

The Kate Spades?

or the Manolos?

So, please, go to the comments section with your style opinions!!!!
Many thanks.
iz

12 comments:

  1. Manolos are Manolos but I honestly think the Kate Spades are better for the whole vibe, and the whole ensemble. The Green is great. The pink is more ballsy. Overall, the green gets my vote. But again, either is killer. Don't stress over it

    ReplyDelete
  2. First dress with the Manolos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's so exciting! First dress with the Kate Spades is my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is for the first dress with the Manolos. SO excited for you! Have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you be willing to change the second? If you cut the sleeves off, I would LIT-AH-RAH-LEE die- Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow cool is that IZ!!! Remember I knew you before you became the famous Isabel Nelson...lol I vote the green one : )-- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kate shoes and the first dress I think it green- Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I think the green dress is bangin' and I favor the Manolo's, but both shoes are great. Ahhhh-dorkable. PS So bummed we couldn't connect when I was in Detroit, BUT i'm going to be in GR from 8/23-8/30 so we need to get together! PPS I thought that this anonymous friend of yours was really great in Safety Not Guaranteed. Didn't know she was in it before hand, but thought the whole film was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, good to know- I actually haven't seen it and had no idea she was in it! Bob and I have been wanting to though. I'm gonna try to come in GR the weekend of 8/25 to see you!!!

    Thanks for the advice everyone! keep it coming! This makes my decision SO much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IMHO, the Manolos are more black tie & the Kate Spade shoes are more vintage-y. But you could always pull a Kristen Stewart and wear Converse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green is your color, with the Kate Spades. So happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Iz (and Bob)!!! I think you're rocking that beautiful green vintage dress; sparkly, fitting. I'm also a sucker for slingbacks for their leg-elongating effect, so the Kates get my vote. Yay red carpet!!

    ReplyDelete