23.7.12

DIA

Saturday we decided to be tourists in our own beautiful city and we took Sammy to the Detroit Institute of Arts! It ended up being a great time to go to the museum because they have three fantastic exhibits- Picasso and Matisse, Patti Smith Camera Solo and Five Spanish Masterpieces. Both of Sam's parents are professional artists and own a gallery so Sam is constantly exposed to artwork of a high standard so I think he liked the DIA but wasn't as impressed as most kids might be. haha.






Warhol


Picasso


The rest of our weekend was spent with family. We went vintage shopping, got Thai food (Sammy loves Asian cuisine- he's definitely a Nelson), went to church, got lunch and a matinee with the Grandparents, went swimming and had a delicious home made meal of short ribs and polenta by the wonderful Bob! It's been great having Sammy here. I love that out of town guests kind of force you to be a tourist in your own home town. I should force myself to do that more often.

There is a lot of Detroit that I have yet to discover...

iz

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree we should be tourists in our own town. I think we do a decent job already but we could always do more. It's a great thought!

    ReplyDelete