24.2.12

It's Friday!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Tonight I'm hosting an impromptu dinner party at my place with some friends before going to see some live music at PJ's Lager House in Detroit. I'm thinking home made lentil soup and a tasty salad? I gave up meat for lent so it's been difficult coming up with hearty recipes that even the meat lovers will enjoy. Oh, and also I can't eat dairy. Suggestions are welcome!

Last night we saw The Artist. I wanted to see it because everyone is predicting it will win best picture at the Oscars this Sunday. I have to say, I really did enjoy it. Best picture? Not so sure.


Speaking of, I'm really excited for the Oscars this Sunday. Every year my Mom and I wear our PJ's and put on all of our diamond, rinestone and gaudy jewelry! This years menu is pizza. Also, I can't wait for the red carpet!



On Saturday night, Bob and I will be playing at The London Chop House in Detroit with Shannon and a new drummer. I can't wait for this gig. We are doing strictly jazz standards and I couldn't be more excited.




I will leave you with the cutest picture of my little cousin, Josie in her ski outfit. She's really so adorable and I miss her all the time. Have fun on your ski trip little lady! xo.

iz.



2 comments:

  1. Iz-
    This is a great vegetarian soup without dairy - it is a little time consuming chopping all the stuff up for it but we usually make two batches and freeze some. I have also skipped the butter and used a little olive oil instead and I don't garnish with yogurt either. Enjoy!

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-carrot-apple-and-red-lentil-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Amanda! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete