27.2.12

Weekend Update

So, are happy with The Artist winning best picture? I'm not surprised, but I still don't think it should have won. I planned to do a post today of Oscar fashion, but honestly, I am so underwhelmed by the dresses this year! I can't even pick a favorite. It's like they are all in second place to a non existent first I was holding out for but never appeared. Sorry to be so negative about it, but I gotta be honest! Did any dresses blow your mind?

Anyways, my weekend was excellent other than the lack luster fashion! Saturday night Bob and I played at The London Chop House. It was such a fun gig, different from our normal setting, but in a really exciting way. A handful of friends came out in their classy duds to support us and check out the historic restaurant. And the good news is, they asked us back! Here's to many more shows.

Me, Stevie and Vonjie (the fabbest lady I know aka my Shoe Fair God Mother)




Jodi, Jean and Bob (Thanks to Jean for taking some of these photos!)


Sunday consisted of church, sushi lunch at Noble with Mom, a meeting with my dear friend Lisa, whose wedding I am singing at in August and the Oscars at our friends the Garafalos house. Although Mom and I didn't stick to the traditional PJ's, we did still wear lots of pearls, rinestones and gems!!!
Noble Fish is my favorite Sushi place, as you know by now. BUT they have made
improvements! I didn't think the Salmon Nigiri could get any better.
It gets better!The lemon wedges between the fish are completely absorbed
 into the meat and will blow your mind. It's basically all my favorite flavors.
Buttery salmon, salty soy,spicy wasabi, fresh lemon
and the sticky rice to keep things stable. amazing.
Possibly my new favorite thing.

Lunch date with my Momma! xo.

My Oscar assecories (on my top half)

Have a great week!
iz

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I wore my tiara!
    I'm just sayin'...
    Xoxoxo momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy i got to see a little of your Oscar get up. I didn't even know you did it this year. I was pooped and watched the Oscars at home. I had a lovely un-fanulous evening, but missed your costume. Yours indeed was the missing first place outfit from the red carpet

    ReplyDelete