2.7.13

roses, backstage, friends and the gym.

Life has been busy lately, which is excellent but sometimes I just want to slow down. This past weekend allowed me to do that. I caught up on the latest season of Nurse Jackie (so good!), saw The Heat with my sister (so hilarious!), took a boot camp class and had my first dress fitting! 

Here are a few things of late...

A beautiful rose bush in our neighbors yard. so jealous. 




I realize this is a horrible quality photo but common', I was on the elliptical!\
I have to tell you though, I've been actually enjoying exercise.  I literally thought these words would never come out of my mouth.


We got a special dinner with one of our closest friends, Danielle, who is moving to Arizona :(  Danielle is on the left and our friend Tracey in the middle. 
All the boys were on the other side of the table. haah.

Last night we went to see She & Him in Ann Arbor with our friends Marty, Meg, Tina and Mary. We were fortunate enough to go backstage and meet the band. The show was really nice, their music is just the cutest, a friend described it perfectly, "It made me want to go to a sock hop". Afterward we went out for beers with M Ward and the backup singers, The Chapin Sisters who are super fab and talented. All in all, it was an excellent night with incredible music and we got to meet some truly talented and kind people. Below are some great songs from She & Him, M Ward and The Chapin Sisters. They are all doing wonderful things with the most genuine musical intentions. How refreshing!

enjoy!
iz

No comments:

Post a Comment