28.3.13

paper flower

Bob and I love flowers. Like a lot. Recently Bob had the sweetest idea- we were driving home from brunch and he said "can I go buy you some flowers?" to which I said "can I go buy YOU some flowers?". It was so fun to go make arrangements for each other. I picked out white roses and a baby blue hydrangea for Bob because he really likes romantic, lush blooms. He picked out a purple hydrangea and what he calls "weed flowers" (see below) for me because he knows I like really unique and kind of off beat, monochromatic flowers. It's my thing, ok?!! 

It was romantic, it was fun and they lasted in our home for 10 days. 


I think part of the reason I love these strange "weed" flowers is because they last SO long. Like, sometimes months. This got me thinking- why not look into professionally dried flowers or better yet, paper flowers, that will last years in your home?! I found these beauties on west elm.




Let's hope spring is on it's way soon- it was 
snowing in Detroit just two days ago.
iz


No comments:

Post a Comment