15.1.13

that cool girl: Lumi

I'm thinking of creating a semi-regular post series called "that cool girl". You know how there's always THAT girl you know, who has this air about her that is SO cool and then you find out she really IS that cool? dang... well here it goes... a girl I went to middle and high school with, Jesse, was really artistic and fun and very smart. She started a T-shirt company in High School and we lost touch in college. We recently reconnected on Facebook and I find out she started her own company out in LA and is doing wonderful things! Take a look...


It's so inspiring to see people you grew up with doing such passionate and wonderful things. Although I also joke with friends that things like this make me feel so unaccomplished, which is kind of true...

Anyways... I love how she's expanding her company Lumi out of just the obvious fashion context and implementing it in design and art and  also introducing it as a technology and providing it to schools and young kids as an outlet for artistic expression. SUCH a cool girl! Here is their website. Go order some Inkodye and try it at home!

iz


No comments:

Post a Comment