27.7.12

Thoughts on a Rainy Friday

Happy Friday!!!  I'm so looking forward to this 3-day weekend! I'm taking Monday off and Bob and I are heading up north for some gigs and some Mervak family beach time. I really can't wait to get out of town for a few days with my favorite man friend. Here are a few thoughts...

1. I'm really excited about the mani I got for our long weekend- I'm pretty nuts about the Essie metallics collection that just came out. I've dreamed of the perfect chrome polish and here it is.



Danielle and I had a girls night-
we got manis, drank pink margaritas and ate dinner at Luxe!
on me: "No Place Like Chrome"
on Danielle: "Penny Talk"


2. I'm really hoping that the storms quit it for our trip. This is what Detroit looked like last night. (photo courtesy of Cybelle Codish's instagram)

Isn't it beautiful though? Cybelle is a well known Detroit photographer and is one of my favorite instagrammers to follow, her handle is "photobell".
How can she make iPhone photos look this good?!


3. I'm going to make an awesome mix for Bob for us to listen to on our road trip. Here are a few of the songs I'm most excited about...

Give em' Hell by Little Hurricane

Michigan by the Milk Carton Kids

Mama Don't Like My Man by Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

God Only Knows (Beach Boys cover) by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
(one of my favorite Detroit bands!)


4. The Olympics start tonight! I'm really looking forward to tonight's opening ceremony particularly because Sir Paul McCartney will be performing! Here is a great interview my friend Jennifer posted today with Paul McCartney talking about the Olympics, The Beatles and his own thoughts on his being a national treasure. Can I just say- Paul is an INTERNATIONAL treasure!



Have a good weekend!
I will be travelling Monday and unable to post.
See you Tuesday with a recap of our trip :)
iz

No comments:

Post a Comment