25.6.12

Weekend Update

This weekend was filled with rest and relaxation, which after the week I had, was much needed. You know the feeling when you've been on high speed for so many days that when you finally get the chance to do nothing- you feel kind of anxious? That's basically how I felt all weekend, all the while forcing myself to nap, watch movies and just chill.

OK, so to start off, I need to catch you all up on the fact that Bob rescued a baby bird. He and his two siblings feel out of their abandoned nest. His siblings fell on concrete and Elliot fell on the  bushes, so he survived, the lucky guy. So, we are taking good care of him and have learned a lot about fostering a baby bird. It's really been fascinating- everyday we wake up he's grown and changed. He's the sweetest little guy, he's so loving and we are nuts about him. We are exploring all options to ensure his health comes first. We will most likely take him to a bird refuge in a few weeks when he is a bit more independent.
Until then... meet Elliot.



So, other than taking care of this little guy all weekend, I had a wonderful meal with my best friend Linz and Danielle. I was so excited for my best friend to meet Danielle, since we've become really close the past few months. It's always a good feeling when your friends like each other.




Sunday, Bob and I got breakfast at Commonwealth with my parents. SO good. Then, we went to a family get-together for Linz (I've known her family since I was 5, so we just go to each others family events) since she is leaving for Haiti on Friday. The BBQ was at Beverly park, the park my Dad grew up going to. We went back and explored the pond where he grew up fishing and lighting model boats on fire... oh yea, I got a lot of good stories out of him about that park....









Hope you had a nice weekend.
iz




1 comment: