26.6.12

Brave

Last night, Bob and I had a little date night. We got Thai food and went to see Brave (we like to see the kids movies together). I have to say, I really liked it! First of all, she has the MOST amazing red curly hair. Secondly, Craig Ferguson does one of the voices but lastly, it was so refreshing to watch a Pixar/Disney movie that has a strong female character who fights for her independence and to be the maker of her own fate and her own destiny. And guess what?! There's no love story!!!!!! 




I think the most interesting part of the film out of all the great things I've already referenced, is that it really is a story about a Mother and a Daughter, which is such a pivotal, fragile and important relationship in a girls life that isn't highlighted much by mass media. I highly recommend going to see the movie, especially to go with your Mom, because by the end of it, you'll just want to give her a big hug and tell her how much you appreciate her and all that she does and has done for you (thanks mom!).


iz

1 comment: