11.5.12

Who's Feeling Young Now?

One of my all time favorite bands is Punch Brothers. Chris Thile is the lead guy in the group and I used to love him in the band Nickel Creek, which led me to his current projects. Punch Brothers new album has me totally falling for them all over again. They are coming to Detroit in June and I bought tickets the minute they went sale, so excited!


Today, I want to share with you some of their songs on this latest album, Who's Feeling Young Now? If you like it, go buy it, and then go buy their other albums, Antifogmatic, How To Grow A Woman From The Ground and The Blind Leaving The Blind. Chris Thile is recognized as one of if not the best mandolin player in the word and the banjo player, Noam Pikelny recently won the 2010 Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass Award. Their music can't really be described by genre, it has bluegrass roots, a classical foundation, singer songwriter attention to lyrics and a sometimes rock edge. Confused? Just listen.

This Girl

Movement and Location

Patchwork Girlfriend

So, what do you think? They are incredible, right?
Now go buy all of their music!
iz

No comments:

Post a Comment