28.11.11

Turkey Recap

I hope you had a lovely Turkey Day!!!



I couldn't resist sharing these lovely Thanksgiving images with you.


Our Thanksgiving was really nice. We woke up early and went to the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade, as we do every year! A fantastic tradition if I do say so myself. Of course a nap followed and then it was off to Grandma's for dinner, Part I. In the evening, Bob and I went to his parents house for the Mervak dinner, Part II. We had a really nice time playing with his little nephews and then wrapped up the evening with a glass of wine.

Friday, we met up some friends in from out of town at Redcoat (best burger ever). Alex was in from Utah and Erin from Chicago. It was great being back together with best friends over the Holiday. Since becoming an "adult", one of my most favorite parts of the Holiday's is that my closest friends come into town for a visit. Speaking of out of town friends, Sunday, we got Brunch at D'Amatos in Royal Oak, they have a great live band (our friend Shannon plays bass), that plays 1920's type jazz, it's real classy. We went with my friend Brenda and her man friend Tom. Brenda was in town from Atlanta.

Saturday Bob and I went to see the Watch the Throne tour with JayZ and Kanye West. It was amazing!!! Those guys are seriously so talented. I was really crazy impressed. And I now have a new found crush on JayZ. He was just so happy to be there and so happy to perform, he couldn't keep a smile off his face, it was so cute.

Overall, I had a really great, relaxing, fun break, filled with good food, friends, family, good music and naps. What more could a girl ask for?! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving break, bursting with the things and people you are most thankful for.


Bob & I at the Parade

Ceil and the Christmas Penguin float!

These are my favorites- The Heads!
These have been in the parade since the 1930's!

Dad at the Parade

It's the last float, Santa!
Christmas season has officially begun!

Family photo at the parade.
Mom, Ceil, Dad, Me & Bob

Mom & Grandma at Thanksgiving Dinner

Grandpa is carving the Turkey, he's so cute.

Alex & Nick at Redcoat. YUM.

Erin at Redcoat.

Kanye & JayZ

Bob & I, making our Gangsta faces at the concert.

Tom & Brenda at brunch.

Brunch!
Bacon, Avocado and Basil Aoli Panini with Rosemary Potato Hash.

Bob & I at Brunch.

Have a good week!
iz




No comments:

Post a Comment