5.12.13

Thanksgiving in NC

This year, Bob, Ceil and I decided to travel down south to visit our family in North Carolina. We had a splendid Thanksgiving and such a relaxing and fun visit! My Aunt and Uncle live on Hogback Mountain, with their three children. It's so beautiful and peaceful- can't wait to get back. 









Cousins!











My SC cousins, Jacob, Jared, Jason and Justin.
And their crazy Dad, my Uncle Kirk. (Aunt Kim's twin brother!)


Kim, Bob, Me, Luke, Lily, Celia, Sam, Grandpa Jack and Grandma Coco visiting Uncle Rich's new gallery in Asheville. Did I mention he's an artist?!

Shopping in Asheville- what a fun city. So many awesome small businesses.


My Grandma purchased the hat, scarf and sunglasses. 
She couldn't resist the whole look!




Me and Aunt Kim.

We had a gig while we were in NC! We opened for my Uncle Rich's band, 176.





My Grandma Coco and Grandpa Jack came to see us play.

Uncle Rich!


We sat in with them on "The Weight". Such a fun night.


Hope you all had a splendid Thanksgiving and I hope it was filled with love, family and relaxation. Our was filled with many travel hours but spending those few precious days with our Tryon, NC family made every hour worth it. 

iz

*photos by myself, Celia Nelson, Bob Mervak and Kirk Westervelt.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww How perfect! I love this! Thank you so much for spending such a great holiday with us! I think ya'll need to make it a tradition and bring everyone next year! Orrrrrrr, we could come up,,,,,hmmm. Either way, any holiday spent with you guys is the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete