18.2.13

sweet things

My sister Celia came to town this past weekend and brought her boyfriend home for the first time. We had a weekend filled  with family time. 



On Saturday, we picked up a gift from our friend Ben. 
He painted our album cover!!!! Isn't this incredible!? 


Sunday, Bob and I had our Valentine's date, since we were both working Thursday. He got me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers.


AND the coolest gift ever... recently, my Grandpa Don gave me one of his fathers (my great grandfather) glasses that has his initials engraved into it. I adore this glass and yearn for a time when such craftsmanship was considered the norm. Bob, who knows me so well thoughtfully took the glass to an engraver and requested they use the same type to create our very own monogrammed versions. I'm pretty smitten. 

Adolf Lincoln Nelson, Isabel Josephine Nelson, Robert Brady Mervak






I hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend.
iz


No comments:

Post a Comment