10.1.13

Bakers

We had our first gig at Baker's Keyboard Lounge last night. It is the worlds oldest operating Jazz club, open since May 1934. It was really neat to think we were playing on the same stage that some of the musicians who inspired me to play jazz once stood- such as, Louis Armstrong, Coltrane, Oscar Peterson, Ella Fitzgerald, and Nat King Cole to name a few. You can read here to learn more about Baker's history. 




ok, they may have spelled my name wrong. BUT they want us back for a Saturday (big crowd) and next time, they'll get it right!






Like my sequin top?! Mom got it for me at Target, it's part of their Neiman Marcus partnership. So fab and so perfect for gigs!
iz

5 comments:

  1. Your Mom is so cool. Really enjoyed reading this and realizing that a young person appreciated the history of this place. Please let me know when you are there on a Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank You! We will be there Saturday, May 18th!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to give Baker's a try. I've been trying to find places I've never been to in the D. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! It really is a great place. The chicken wings are a must, they have pretty good soul food and music every night of the week. Come see us play May 18th!

      Delete