12.11.12

engaged.

Bob and I are engaged! I had one of the greatest days of my life Sunday, 11/11/12 and here is how it all went down...

Bob had a surprise birthday "date day" planned for me and it started with breakfast at Toast.

Then we went for a walk at Cranbrook, one of our favorite places.

This is the spot in Cranbrook where Bob proposed... and I said YES!

We then had a celebratory tea at the Townsend Hotel. We were on cloud nine.



The day kept going... he then took me to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for a matinee performance.


and then! he booked a theatre for us to have a private screening of "Garden State", a movie that is very special to us and one of our favorites.



After the movie we went home and he told me to put on a dinner dress. I was super confused when he pulled up in front of his own apartment. We walked to the backyard where a big tent stood and when he opened it, our family and a few close friends were singing Happy Birthday to me! They had NO idea we had just gotten engaged, they all thought it was a surprise Birthday dinner. We shared our news and suddenly, I was at my own engagement party. It was incredible and perfect. Our friend Zak is an amazing chef, he catered the sit down dinner. My favorite music was playing in the background and Bob bought all of my favorite drinks (pims, oberon, New Zealand sauvignon blanc). The night was just perfect and I was so happy to share this day with the people we love the most. Bob made this day so perfect. 















iz

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! This is too much - I just cried. hahahaha
    <3 so happy for you guys!!!!!!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! Bob is(your)man! He did a beautiful job and you are worth every minute he will spend with you! Hugs from the Westervelts-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thee most romnantical day ever! I honestly don't know how he fit that all into one day! And a Sunday nonetheless! Congrats to both of you! Can't wait for the big day,,,which is when? Love you both!
    Aunt Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is amazing. Great job Bob :) Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We totally were on cloud nine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I am in love with this story. Bob, you are so awesome for making this day such a memorable experience for the two of you.

    Drinks on the Websters for the Mervaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everybody! it was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete