29.8.12

dream job?

A few years back, my senior year in college, I was walking by the storefront of the Birmingham, MI Anthropologie, obviously a store I adore. There was a poster advertising an opening for a window design intern. It really peaked my interest but at the time I was not able to even apply, seeing as I was in school and two hours away. BUT, that has always stuck in my head. I love display design and Anthropologie takes it to a whole other level. They employ artists and dreamers to come up with the most gorgeous, clever and creative designs. The latest being a handmade flower theme that I am just so nuts about- plus, Anthropologie FINALLY created a category on their Pinterest account titled "Store Windows" and needless to say, I'm a little obsessed, I mean look at this...



They are using an herbal tea to die the paper!




 
I can't wait to see what else this pinterest page has in store (no pun intended).
And I secretly wish I took that internship and was
doing this for a living right now.
iz

5 comments:

  1. Its an internship but what are the odds of this?! Its a sign
    https://urbanoutfittersinc.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=307607&company_id=15602&version=1&jobBoardId=1184&jobboardid=1184&sh_aa=1&utm_source=simplyhired&utm_medium=jobclick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, and you're not helping with my compulsive need to buy apartment stuff right now. Anthropologie is the BEST for shabby chic home goods. I'm gay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria- that is INSANE! Shit and now I'm 2 hrs. away from GR, what a bummer. Wouldn't that be the most fun internship ever?!

    Bob- I know I LOVE Anthro's home good section. I find it funny we each bought the same butter dish from there in different colors without knowing the other had also purchased the butter dish. We are meant to co-habitate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Iz. Love it when people can highlight thoughtful, gorgeous design that's deployed really effectively for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brad. I agree- great design needs to be highlighted and celebrated!

    ReplyDelete