27.8.12

Back to the G-rap

My college friend and old roommate, Brad came to Grand Rapids from DC this past weekend and because we haven't seen each other in two years, I decided to take a little solo road trip out there for a visit. It just so happened there was also a baby shower for our buddy Marko, many other pals to catch up with and a brunch with some of my favorite women.

One thing I've missed most about Grand Rapids is the food. They have great little restaurants around town, mostly in the little neighborhoods, that I've missed so much.

A trip to Marie Catrib's with Brad and Ken.
I can't believe how good the Porto sandwich is.
If you are in GR, this place is a MUST for lunch.

Alex & Tim at Marko's baby shower.
photo by Ken

Jen & Brad (Joe accidentally photo bombing)

A trip to Founders!


The Moose Cafe, Aquinas College. Lots of studying done here.
I also spent my 20th birthday here with all of my friends awaiting the 08' election results. It was an amazing night as Obama was elected President- I volunteered for the campaign in college and it was a big moment for me in addition to my many friends who also volunteered.

Brad & I in the same city!

The coolest menu for another favorite place to eat in GR, Gaia.

The Academic building, Aquinas College.
Mex Brex, pretty much my favorite breakfast on the planet, made at Gaia.

These women are SO important to me. Susan, Marisa and Rachel.
Susan was my professor and boss. She runs the Women's Studies department at Aquinas College and also runs the Women's Studies Center, which I worked at for 3 of my 4 years at Aquinas. Marisa and Rach both worked in the center too. We travelled to NYC, DC, and New Orleans together for conferences in addition to spending everyday together planning events and deepening our knowledge of feminism. This experience was the most influential, positive and loving part of my college career and my time in Grand Rapids.
 


The adorable little Gaslight Village Starbucks I spent a lot of study time at!
 
iz

1 comment:

  1. you're the best, that's all...
    xoxoxo momma

    ReplyDelete