11.4.12

Girls' Night With A Twist

Hi y'all,

My name is Bex and I'll be spending today with you. I asked for the honor of guest blogging about Iz's wonderful girls night festivities yesterday. Ever since I read about a clothing exchange party in Teen People (context clue: this was a LONG time ago) I dreamt of being invited to such an event.

I should have known I could count on my wonderful friend beyond my cube wall to be the person to throw such an event. For those of you who did not read TP religiously, the basic premise is that you host a gathering where a group of friends bring clothes over that have been neglected in their own closets. One lady's "last season" or "10 pounds ago" is another's outfit for the next day. The best part is, you've made room in your closet for spring/summer AND you come home with great finds you got for free, and maybe would have never even looked at in a store.

Here are some snapshots from the event. 

Our "Store"
And "Dress Salon"
Let the trying on begin!
Jewelry Always Fits!
As you can see that shirt was a hot item! 
The next morning at work in our new outfits



It was nice to know some of the history behind the clothes I took home, and also knowing who got your stuff. (should I ever change my mind- I'm very indecisive) I know where to go collect my clothes back from!

Of course, being the phenom host she is, Iz also prepared some yummy food and we sipped wine as we shopped.

I highly encourage you all to host your own clothes swap event. And, if you're ever invited to one- GO! I was worried the things I haven't worn since I could legally drink would be rejected, but as Iz prophesied in her invite "one woman's trash in another woman's treasure." I'm glad to know my clothes found a new home and that I got a Banana dress and adorable vintage sweater to call my very own.

Stay warm,
bex 

3 comments:

  1. So sad I couldn't make this... I am definitely coming next time. Looks so fun! Cute outfits, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look Mah-velous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bex, you're a great writer! Iz, this looks like it was SO much fun! And you are a genius. A genius of fun. I love you

    ReplyDelete