18.4.12

The Cadieux Cafe

Last night, The Bob Mervak Trio featuring The Motor City Horns played at the historical Cadieux CafeThe Cadieux is traditionally a Prohibition era Belgian club and is the only place in the US where you can go Feather Bowling! They are known for their steamed mussels and wide variety of Belgian beers. The Cadieux was recently featured on Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations". The clip is featured on the Cadieux Cafe's website.


Since we were near Grosse Pointe, where my Mom grew up, she took me by her childhood home and the apartment she and my Dad lived in as newlyweds. 


My parents old apartment building.

The home my Mom lived in from 8th grade until she was 18.


Jimmy, the trumpet player in The Motor City Horns is engaged to Bob's sister, Liz!




Keith Kaminski, John Rutherford and Jimmy Smith.
The Motor City Horns



Mom & I

Iz

2 comments:

  1. Who luvs ya baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww-memories! What great ones! And such a cool place to play! You should'a given me a heads up-I could have sent the info to some girlfriends who would have loved to come out and see you guys!

    ReplyDelete