15.2.12

V-Day

Well, whether you love it, hate it, celebrate or not, I hope you had a nice Valentine's day. Bob made the most amazing dinner for me. Saturday, we were watching some Irish cooking show on PBS and we both were saying how amazing that meal looked. Well, he surprised me and cooked the entire meal! I was so proud of him! It was the best chicken I've ever had. He made his own stuffing and stuffed the chicken, roasted vegetables, made gravy, home made lemonade and white chocolate biscuits for dessert. ah-mazing!





I also got this amazing Valentine from a co-worker.
love love love Parks and Rec!


After dinner, Bob was playing with Ben Sharkey at Baker's Keyboard Lounge, which is the oldest Jazz Club in Detroit. So many amazing players have graced the stage, including Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzie Gillespie and Miles Davis... to name a few. So when Ben asked if I would sing a few songs, I was really excited! My parents came out along with a few other friends. It's always a classy evening at Baker's.








Once I finally got home and into bed, my wonderful, talented and hilarious sister Celia sent me this Valentine and it's amazing how horrible we both look. I love it.

Oh yea.
iz




6 comments:

  1. What a splendid valentines day we all had !
    Soooooo proud of you, as always. But, singing at Bakers Keyboard Lounge?
    Well, that just takes the cake !
    Who luvs ya baby?
    I do !

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre the best! JJN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel Nelson! You are LITERALLY the nicest person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a savory and wonderful post!! Love that you sang at Baker's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha.. awesome! You sounded great up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ‎"it's amazing how horrible we both look. I love it." haha I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete