27.9.11

Craft Time

So, I've had this coffee table for four years now, it's had so many faces and has been in every apartment through college. My last room mate insisted we paint it this baby pink, which I hated, I could not stand it any longer, so I decided to re-do the coffee table. It took me about 1 hr. and cost about $20. Pretty good deal if you ask me!


Before.
 

This is me spray painting it a metallic silver


Using spray adhesive to lay paper


Finished!


So it all started with a light sand paper to the table, then wipe the dust off.
Make sure to use a spray paint that will work on whatever type of surface you are painting.
It will take about 3 coats of spray paint to get the most saturated version of the color. (I highly suggest using a mask- I did not- and got an insane headache).
I bought "lace" scrap booking paper at Michaels, and it didn't come in a color I liked, so I simply flipped it over and used the backside- because white and silver look fab together!
I used a basic spray adhesive (again, make sure to get something that is compatable with your surface) to lay the paper on.
My top coat was simply 3 coats of Modge Podge (be sure to let it dry between coats)
And there you have it! A brand new coffee table!

iz



No comments:

Post a Comment