12.9.11

Weekend Update




Comerica Park
(Tiger Stadium)
 
Comerica at Dusk

The Mervak Fam
Lizzo, Danno and Amo!


Hangin at the Baseball game
(We won!)
Yummy breakfast at Commonwealth
Birmingham, MI
Pat & Mike working at the Church picnic!

   
Mom & Dad
Me and Bob
Playing at Goldfish Tea House
Royal Oak, MI



Hope your weekend was nice! Mine was so busy, but pretty enjoyable. Bob's brother and sister in-law were in town, so we spent a lot of time with the Mervak family. It was great to see them! We went to a Tigers Game at Comerica Park, which was a blast, especially because we won! After the game, we tried out the new BBQ place in Royal Oak, Lockharts. It was pretty good, great meats, but I wasn't nuts about any of their sauces (I personally think it's all about the sauce, at all times). 

Sunday started with brunch at Commonwealth, which is such a gem. They are primarily a coffee shop, but I'm much more interested in their food. They use as many local ingredients as possible and always use local dairy and meats. I highly recommend the Fried Egg Sandwich and the Waffle with the Hash (pictured above). After church was the annual church picnic (Pat and Mike at the Pop Booth pictured above)! It was such a classic picnic with pony rides, BBQ, field games and a giant tent with a barber shop quartet. At moments I felt like I was at the Tri-County Fair, 1945. 

After a quick nap, Merlson, my band with Bob and my Dad played at a local tea shop. We had a great turn out and even got some new fans! After the gig, we headed up to Ronin, which is a yummy sushi place in Royal Oak on 4th St. Late night sushi with the rents was the perfect ending to my busy weekend.  

iz


No comments:

Post a Comment